Friday, March 12, 2010

Moleskine Book Journal (or how I've fallen back in love with Moleskine)

Several weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win a Moleskine Passions notebook. I won with this tweet, and as promised my first entry was On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my first entry but I do have some pictures of the notebook.

From Moleskine Book Journal


First off, I am what you might call a binge-reader. I may not read a book for a year and then KAPOW, I read three or four in a few weeks' time. My current read is For Whom the Bell Tolls but I haven't even made it through the first chapter yet because of various reasons. That being said, I do hope to read more frequently and consistently in the coming months, but for now I am having to remember the books that I have read to put them in the journal.

From Moleskine Book Journal


You may have noticed the title and been a little confused. Moleskine was my first hard covered, complete journal that actually started just for a record of interesting facts. I have a few planners, notebooks and other products but I haven't been loyal to the brand. After receiving the Book Journal I may have to pick up some more Moleskine products. This thing is packed with all sorts of neat attributes. The front cover is embossed with many different book titles.

From Moleskine Book Journal

From Moleskine Book Journal

From Moleskine Book Journal


When you open the journal you are greeted by a bookmark, a sheet with info about the MSK templates that are available and the standard "In case of loss..." page.

From Moleskine Book Journal


There are also a few pages for event planning and then on to the book journaling.

From Moleskine Book Journal

From Moleskine Book Journal


The journal is setup alphabetically. So, my first decision: alphabetically by title or alphabetically by author? hhmmmm. I went with the title because it is the first section for each entry. As you can also see from the picture above, each page is filled with plenty of options for information about the book.

From Moleskine Book Journal


As with many of the Moleksine journals that are made for specific purposes this one can also be used for other purposes. Did that even make sense? In the back there are plenty of pages for recording other info. There are even stickers for labeling the pages.

From Moleskine Book Journal

From Moleskine Book Journal


Behind those pages are a few standard blank pages and it has a double, that's right, a double pocket in the rear. I also just realized that it comes with a quality control sticker. I missed it earlier. It also has a double ribbon page marker.

From Moleskine Book Journal


This is a cool journal. It is 5"x8.5" and full of personality. And all of the fountain pen users asked, "Does the paper do well with fountain pens?" Not really, but I am okay with that. I can use another type of pen. Any of the notebooks in the Passions series are $19.95 from Moleskineus. Neat product. Thanks for the giveaway Moleskine! Nr

2 comments:

John Johnston said...

Very nice! I was not aware Moleskine offered a book journal. It's a great concept - particularly for someone who reads a great deal or writes book reviews.

Great photos and excellent review - thanks for sharing this with us!

Nrepose said...

They have a whole series of these like wine and exercise. I think that it is a good concept. I am glad that you enjoyed the post and appreciate your compliments. Thanks! Nr